Dr Flis Lawrence
Organisational Social Psychology Expert
About the Instructor
Dr Flis Lawrence is an adult educator with 25 years work experience in private, military and public workplaces, for which she received an Outstanding Service award plus two Australia Day team medals. She holds a BA Social Science in HR Management & Development and Human Communications, and wrote her doctoral dissertation on the rate and impact of workplace cyberbullying (and f2f bullying) in the Faculty of Education, QUT, for which she was nominated for two awards.
Her innovative adult education strategies give leaders and workers bespoke, personalised toolkits to help quickly identify, prevent, interrupt or control negative online and offline workplace behaviours and attitudes. Her aim is to give you the knowledge and skills to safely beat bullying behaviours with innovative education methods that foster safer, respectful cultures for happier, creative and engaged people and productive workplaces. She works with individuals, leaders, HR and L&D practitioners around the country.
Learn simple strategies to expertly and confidently manage and safely deal with unhealthy, dysfunctional or toxic workplace behaviours before the behaviour escalates, and getting burnt in the process.
This course gives you the HOW and WHY unhealthy or dysfunctional behaviours like head-to-head arguments and conflict manifest.
PLUS you get Tailored Toolkit to help you deal with the unhealthy, dysfunctional or toxic behaviours and attitudes in your 'workscape'.
WHAT THIS COURSE GIVES YOU: The skills and expertise to confidently to deal with unhealthy, dysfunctional or toxic online or offline conduct in your workplace without making the situation worse or getting harmed in the process. You will also understand how and why unhealthy workplace behaviours and attitudes develop.
AUDIENCE: Anyone working in medium to large organisations including leaders, employees, L&D, OHS & HR professionals who are seeking tested and safe methods to prevent or stop unhealthy workplace behaviours from impacting people's mental health, well-being and engagement.
APPROX. DURATION: 3 hours
COST: AUS$45.00 (+GST for AUS participants only).
International currencies are automatically converted on payment and are based on daily foreign exchange rates.
CONTENT: Research has confirmed that without interruption, workplace violence will always escalate. The solution is to develop the skills and expertise to confidently recognise and interrupt unhealthy, dysfunctional or toxic behaviours and attitudes before it escalates out of control.
- Download your COMPLETE WORKBOOK & Tailored Response Toolkit. Keep this workbook open!
- Session 1. What are unhealthy, dysfunctional or toxic behaviours and how do they start? (webinar)
- Session 2_Why is it important to control unhealthy behaviours like toxic confrontations? (webinar)
- Session 3_How can our stress, fear or anxiety create unhealthy or dysfunctional behaviours? (webinar)
- Session 4_How can work culture create unhealthy, dysfunctional or toxic? (webinar)
- Video_Introducing the six strategy formula
- STRATEGY ONE. How can I avoid, or prevent, the unhealthy dysfunctional or toxic behaviours and confrontations? (webinar)
- STRATEGY TWO. How can I figure out and analyse what's really going on? (webinar)
- STRATEGY THREE. How can I stay calm and in control despite what's going on around me? (webinar)
- STRATEGY FOUR. How do I take control of unhealthy, dysfunctional behaviours and confrontations? (webinar)
- STRATEGY FIVE. How can I STOP dysfunctional or unhealthy behaviours? (webinar)
- STRATEGY SIX. How can I protect myself from being bullied? (webinar)